What is body sculpting?
Body sculpting refers to a wide range of medical procedures performed to shrink areas of the body with stubborn body fat and reshape it to give a slimmer appearance. This treatment involves destroying fat cells without surgery. Some of the procedures are carried out by freezing fat cells; others use penetrated heat through radio-frequency or ultrasound therapy to restructure the abdomen, thighs, bottom, upper arms, and other numerous areas. This treatment is conducted throughout several sessions.
How does the body sculpting treatment work?
The body sculpting treatment works by breaking down the fat cells, which are eventually eliminated by the body within a few months. The main aim of these procedures is to permanently kill the fat cells under the skin and ensure that they cannot grow back.
What are the different types of body sculpting treatments available?
Cold Treatments such as Coolsculpting help kill the aggressive fat cells by blasting them with a suction vacuum applied to the desired area, where the fat cells are frozen up to-11 degrees until they crystallize. This kind of procedure can be used on most of the body, including the chin, arms, abdomen, and thighs. Heat treatments such as SculpSure involve the use of lasers that penetrate deep enough to destroy the structure of fat cells, which are later eliminated by the body. In this procedure, a device is used to clip the affected area, and a machine is used to fire laser pulses at the targeted area to destroy the fat cells.
Ultrasound treatments such as UltraShape use ultrasound to break down the fat. This procedure involves a technician manually moving a device over the body that uses a mechanical vibration to break down and destroy fat. This procedure is mostly used for the abdomen.
Radiofrequency treatments such as TruSculp and Vanquish use heat energy to destroy the fat cells. They target water in the cells to reduce their dimensions.
Are the body sculpting treatments painful?
Most of the treatments mentioned above involve some pain or burning sensation, but since these procedures last for around 25-30 minutes, it is mostly bearable. They don’t require anesthesia and can be carried out at any point in time. These treatments are usually performed in two to three sessions, depending on the area and the type of procedure chosen.
What are the benefits of body sculpting?
- Body sculpting is a great way to eliminate stubborn fat, which is both unsightly and uncomfortable.
- Several areas can be treated simultaneously.
- These procedures help you get rid of unwanted fat and lose inches in a matter of few weeks.
- It offers different techniques to destroy fat cells without being invasive.
- It is fast and convenient as the procedures are of short durations.
- It doesn’t need any lifestyle changes like avoiding caffeine or alcohol to see the results.
- There is no recovery time involved.
- It does not include the risk of infection, bruising, bleeding, or discomfort.
- The results are long-term if maintained with a healthy diet and exercise.
Call us at 503-691-2000 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Body Sculpting.